Officell webbplats: https://litecoin.org/
Litecoin was created in 2011 by Charlie Lee, and is a fork on Bitcoin. The idea is a coin that is faster, easier and cheaper to use. Litecoin is often seen as the little brother of Bitcoin, and it is a platform where new technology for Bitcoin is usually tried first.
- Faster than Bitcoin.
- Cheaper than Bitcoin.
- One of the first altcoins on the market.
- Ability to run Lightning Network which makes transactions lightning fast and almost free.
- Mostly a variant of Bitcoin, there is not really much creativity and unique features in the project.
- Charlie Lee sold all his litecoins in 2017 - according to him for not having personal interests in the project. But some interpret it as meaning that he no longer believes in his own project.
- No support for anonymous / secret transactions.
- No support for smart contracts or distributed apps.
They can be purchased directly by credit card or bank transfer at CoinBase.