Official webpage https://tron.network/
Tron is based in Singapore and saw the light of day in 2017 with Justin Sun as founder. They have been good at marketing and have made a number of decisions that have made them stand out (For example, a partnership with Pornhub).
The ambition is to focus on media, such as streaming video, but do so in a decentralized way. You bought the BitTorrent client for a large sum of money and see in front of you that you get BTT (Bittorrent Token) to share content, which you can then spend on other media content.
- Good at marketing - they are heard and seen.
- They work against censorship and are because individuals own their own data.
- Fast transactions, they claim to handle 2000 transactions per second.
- You easily get the feeling that the project is something frivolous, and has been accused of twisting code and plagiarizing whitepapers. Those who use the currency are also dubious industries.
- No support for anonymous / secret transactions.