You can of course go your own way and keep track of which projects are interesting and not with, for example, CoinMarketCap. But it is very rewarding to see what others think and talk to other interested people.
Here is a list of common social networks in the blockchain sphere.
- Twitter is by far the largest in the cryptosphere. See a list of big tweeters in the sphere
- Telegram is an encrypted chat with various chat rooms / channels you can visit. Most cryptocurrencies have their own channel, sometimes for news but usually also to strengthen their community.
- Reddit is a forum that is very popular with people interested in crypto.
- Youtube is common for people interested in crypto to follow. Examples of popular Youtubers are Ivan on Tech, Modern Investor DataDash, The Crypto Lark and CryptoZombie.
- PodCasts are not a social networks, but a common way to share information and news. Popular podcasts are Unchained, Coin Mastery and Bad Crypto Podcast.